Aricept Side Effects
The prime constituent of one single tablet of Aricept is 5 mg of donepezil hydrochloride. The molecule donepezil is a member of a particular category of medication known as cholinesterase inhibitors. This molecule plays a crucial in increasing the level of acetylcholine in our brain .This raised level plays an important role in reliving the basic symptoms of terminal condition , Alzheimer.
The Aricept is recommended for victims between mild and severe degree of Alzheimer .The donepezil in Aricept do not provide a permanent remedy for this condition .Instead it helps in retrieving the patient from worse condition. The main function of Aricept is to improve attention, memory and the thinking ability for performing day to day activity
The standard dose recommended for individual suffering from this condition is 5mg OD.In case the initial dose do not show any positive effect within the next t 6 weeks the medical practitioner is bound to double the dose. However there are certain restrictions in consuming the donepzil hydrochloride.The innumerable medical conditions and reports concluded that the dose for senior women with less body weight should not exceed more than 5mg of donepzil (each day)
The Aircept can be consumed Post cibum or ante cibum at a particular time throughout the entire course.
Though deonepezil is one of the most extensively recommended medications for Alzheimer yet none can deny the side effect related to it. Like every medicine there are chances that patient consuming this medicine is likely to suffer from side effects. But it is essential to realize that not all patients suffer from side effect. Some of the most common side effects are discussed below
- If Aricept is consumed by patient with heart ailment is likely to suffer from fainting and low heart beat.
- It has been found out that intake of Aricept may boost up the level of acid formation (more than normal) and may increase the chances of bleeding and contribute in ulcer formation. The condition becomes s more critical if the patient already has history of ulcer.
- Individual consuming aspirin is at high risk of experiencing ulcer and internal bleeding.
- Aricept is not safe for individuals having complications and problems with lungs .The molecule denoepzil is known to worsen the problem.
- One of the common side effects of consuming the Aricept is gastrointestinal complications that include vomiting, nausea, anorexia and diarrhea. Apart from the mentioned side effects patients also suffers from gastrointestinal bleeding, epigastric pains, fecal incontinence and bloating. It has been observed that more than 6 % of patients consuming the Aricept is likely to suffer from drooling,flatulence,dry mouth,diverticulitis,gastritis,gatrenteritis.The molecule deonepezil is known to enhance the transaminases,jaundice ,polydipsia,ileus,stomach and duodenal ulcer edema (tongue),hemorrhoids and transaminases.
- From Metabolic point of view denoepzil is known to enhance the rate of dehydration by 2%, weight loss and hyperglycemia by nearly 2%.Some other complicacies known to be reported are hyperglycemia,gout,creatine kinase,hypokalemia and hyperglycemia.Many patients with higher dosages are known have high lactate dehydrogenase .
- The Aricept is also known to have tremendous effect on cardiovascular .The regular intake of denoepzil is known to increase hemorrhage by 2.5%.Many patients are also known to suffer from hypertension by 3%.However bradycardia and hypotension is not frequent among regular patients (not more than 1%).Some of the side effects which are regularly reported are the vasodilatation, hot flush, postural hypotension, atrial fibrillation etc.
Some other commonly reported side effects are: insomnia, tarry stool, seizure, lack of apatite, muscle cramp, difficulty in releasing urine etc.
Top 10 search terms for this article:
- aricept and gout (2)